“This is the third year in a row that my husband didn’t buy me a Mother’s Day gift. He did some cooking and took the kids for the day, but that’s it. I told him last year that it would be nice to have a spa day or even some flowers, but again this year he gave me nothing. I always go all-out for Father’s Day, so should I return the favor and skip getting him gifts?”
🎧 Listen live or later on the Podcast!
📣 Recent Discussions
- What can she do about the fireworks?LISTEN: Her neighbor shoots off fireworks every weekend, bothering her and her dogs.
- Should schools collect phones from students?LISTEN: Some states and districts are looking into taking kids’ phones away from while they’re at school.
- How to pick between money or quality of life?LISTEN: This guy has to pick between a normal work schedule, or a lucrative job with tough hours.
- What should he do about his pool?LISTEN: His neighbor’s tree took out his pool and he refuses to fix it.
- What should he do about his security deposit?LISTEN: His roommates threw a big party while he was away and trashed their apartment.
- Should she back out of being her bridesmaid?LISTEN: Her friend is having unreasonable expectations of her as a bridesmaid.
- Should she buy him a Father’s Day gift?LISTEN: After years of not receiving a Mother’s Day gift, she’s wondering if she should “return the favor”.
- Does she need to share the passwords?LISTEN: Their former employer, who treated them poorly, is now asking for company information months later.
- Should she bring him to visit his father?LISTEN: Her husband was recently injured in an accident and doesn’t want their son seeing him like this.
- Would it be rude to only bring diapers?LISTEN: The registry for her “sprinkle shower” has gifts ranging from $50-$250.